GPS repeater kit for L1 signals
GPS repeater kit for L1 signals (1575.42 MHz)
A GPS repeater brings the outdoor signal inside your building
This repeater kit comes with all you need for a successful installation.
Each kit contains:
- 35dB gain GPS L1 receiving antenna
- Flexible antenna mount system
- Coaxial cable; 10M, 20M or 30M
- Variable-gain repeater unit
- AC/DC power adapter
The L1 repeater unit has been retired, effective May 2019.
Now this kit includes an L1/GLONASS/Galileo/Beidou repeater unit with a GPS L1 antenna.
The L1/GLONASS/Galileo/Beidou repeater unit has an effective coverage area of 40 – 50 metres radius from the centre, when mounted at a height of 10 metres.
The unit has a built-in antenna that radiates signal in a cone-shaped pattern within a 180 degree angle of view.
Using the four moulded lugs, it can be mounted horizontally, for example on a ceiling, or vertically on a wall.
All that is required is good line-of-sight between the repeater unit and the receiving devices.
The external antenna feeder cable connects to an SMA socket; the repeater sends 5V DC through the coaxial cable to power the low noise amplifier (LNA) in the antenna.
If a larger area of coverage is required, additional repeaters can be added – all using a single outdoor antenna – by use of a GPS signal splitter and/or a line amplifier.
GPS L1 1.575 GHz
Galileo E1 1.575GHz
GLONASS G1 1.602 GHz
Beidou B1 1.5611 GHz
- Size: 110 x 143 x 28mm
- Weight: 165g
- Overall signal gain: >40dB
- Noise Figure: < 2dB
- Variable attenuation: 0-40dB
- Antenna connector impedance: 50 Ohms
- Input connector: SMA-socket
- Operating temperature: -25 to +40°C
- Power supply (included): 12VDC @ 1600A max
- Indoor range: up to 50m, adjustable by gain control
- Antenna connector power output: +5VDC, 100mA
- TX antenna gain max: +4dBd, RHCP polarization
- Ingress protection: IP51
Installation of a GPS repeater kit is straightforward; a guide is provided with each kit.
FalTech is happy to advise on specific installation issues; below is a quick overview of the process involved.
- To ensure that the GPS repeater receives the best possible signal, the outdoor antenna should ideally be placed on a roof where it has an uninterrupted 360° view of the sky.
- Keep the antenna away from other equipment that may be present on the roof, such as mobile telephony masts, microwave transmitters and air-conditioning units.
- If it is not practical to install the antenna on the roof, it can be mounted on south-facing wall, using appropriate bracket.
- Install the coaxial cable from the antenna to the indoor GPS repeater unit.
- Place the GPS repeater unit indoors, on any vertical or horizontal surface, where clear line-of-sight is available to any device(s) that need to receive GPS satellite signals.
- Connect the power to the repeater unit via the supplied AC/DC adapter.
- Adjust the gain control to the optimum setting by observing the multi-coloured status LED on the repeater.
Installation Service Also Available
FalTech can recommend an experienced UK installation company if required.
The installer offers a full service including:
- Site survey to assess:
- Optimum location for antenna, cable route and indoor repeater
- Requirements for rental of hoist equipment such as cherry picker
- Access times and local restrictions/requirements
- Availability of mains power
- Installation, testing and commissioning of all equipment
- Installation report with photographs and technical descriptions.