GPS splitter (1:5)
With a GPS splitter 1:5, the signal from one external antenna can be distributed to up to five GPS repeater/receiver units.
Supports GPS L1 & L2, GLONASS, Galileo.
- Sometimes advisable to use a separate amplifier with the splitter to overcome signal losses through attenuation.
- Upgrading to a lower-loss cable may also be enough – if in doubt call or email FalTech for technical advice.
- Spare/unused ports should be fitted with a 50 ohm terminator.
- One port passes DC voltage from repeater to GPS antenna, to provide power for LNA (-4dB signal loss).
- The other four ports are DC-blocked (-12dB signal loss).
Standard (IP51) non-waterproof GPS splitter 1:5
- Size: 110 x 143 x 28mm
- Weight: 185g
- Operating temperature: -25 to +85°C
- Power supply not required
- Frequency Range: 1200-1700MHz
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Connector type: TNC sockets
Waterproof (IP67) GPS splitter unit 1:5
For environments where moisture and/or dust ingress is a problem, this IP67 version of the splitter is ideal.
- Size: 200 x 119 x 39mm
- Weight: 241g
- Enclosure: IP67
- Input connector: TNC-socket
- Output connectors: TNC socket
- 1 x -4dB with DC passthrough
- 4 x -12dB DC blocked
Using a GPS splitter to distribute signal to up to five repeaters/receivers
- One port inserts -4dB loss with DC passthrough
- Four ports insert -12dB loss, DC blocked
Other devices in the product range can be combined to create a custom-designed system like the one illustrated above.