GPS repeater kit for L1/GLONASS/Galileo
Covers GPS L1 & Galileo (1575.42 MHz) and GLONASS (1602.00 MHz)
Our GPS repeater kits come with all you need for a successful installation
Each kit contains:
- 38dB gain GPS L1/GLONASS/Galileo antenna
- Mounting bracket for antenna
- Coaxial feeder cable; 10M, 20M or 30M
- Variable-gain GPS repeater unit
- AC/DC power adapter
Brief instructions can be found at the foot of this page.
Waterproof Enclosure also available
The repeater unit is available in a standard moulded box or in an IP67 waterproof enclosure (What is IP67?).
|Standard (IP51) GPS repeater unit
||Waterproof (IP67) GPS repeater unit|
GPS REPEATER FOR L1/GLONASS/GALILEO
The L1/GLONASS/Galileo repeater unit has an effective coverage area of approximately 40 – 50 metres radius from the centre when mounted at a height of 10 metres.
The unit has a built-in antenna that radiates signal in a hemispherical pattern within a 180 degree angle of view.
Using the four moulded lugs, it can be mounted horizontally, for example on a ceiling, or vertically on a wall.
All that is required is good line-of-sight between the repeater unit and the receiving devices.
The external antenna feeder cable connects to an SMA socket; the repeater sends 5V DC through the coaxial cable to power the low noise amplifier (LNA) in the antenna.
If a larger area of coverage is required, additional repeaters can be added – all using a single outdoor antenna – by use of a GPS signal splitter and/or a line amplifier.
- Frequency: 1.575 GHz & 1.602 GHz
- Size: 110 x 143 x 28mm
- Weight: 165g
- Overall signal gain: >40dB
- Noise Figure: < 2dB
- Variable attenuation: 0-40dB
- Antenna connector impedance: 50 ohms
- Input connector: SMA-socket
- Operating temperature: -25 to +40°C
- Power supply (included): 12VDC 1.6A max
- Indoor range: up to 50m, adjustable by gain control
- Antenna connector power output: +5VDC, 100mA
- TX antenna gain max: +4dBd, RHCP polarization
- Ingress protection: IP51
Two year warranty as standard on repeater and antenna hardware.
WATERPROOF (IP67) GPS L1/GLONASS/GALILEO REPEATER UNIT
For environments where moisture and/or dust ingress is a problem, this IP67 version of the L1/GLONASS/Galileo repeater is ideal.
The repeater specification is exactly the same as the standard (IP51) unit shown above, the only differences are as follows:
- Size: 200 x 89 x39mm
- Weight: 274g
- Input connector: TNC-socket
- Ingress protection: IP67
As standard the repeater is supplied with standard (non-waterproof) AC/DC power supply if used in dry conditions; an IP67 waterproof version is available for high-moisture environments.
Installation Involves The Following:
- To ensure that the repeater receives the best possible signal, the outdoor antenna should be placed on a roof or any outdoor space where it has an uninterrupted view of the sky.
- Place the repeater unit indoors, on any vertical or horizontal surface, where clear line-of-sight is available to any device(s) that need to receive GPS satellite signals.
- Run the coaxial cable from the antenna to the GPS repeater unit.
- Connect the power to the repeater unit via the supplied AC/DC adapter.
- Adjust the gain control to set the coverage area radius up to approximately 35M.
Installation Service Also Available
FalTech can recommend an experienced UK installation company if required.
The installer offers a full service including:
- Site survey to assess:
- Optimum location for antenna, cable route and indoor repeater
- Requirements for rental of hoist equipment such as cherry picker
- Access times and local restrictions/requirements
- Availability of mains power
- Installation, testing and commissioning of all equipment
- Installation report with photographs and technical descriptions.