FalTech GPS product range extended to cover the L2 and GLONASS frequencies
Indoor GPS coverage options improved with new repeater kits (April 2014)
Building on the success of its GPS L1 repeater systems, FalTech GPS has extended its product range to cover the L2 and GLONASS frequencies.
The L2 signal at 1.227GHz is transmitted from the same satellites as the L1 signal, and is largely used in military environments where greater positional accuracy is required.
The use of GLONASS at 1.602GHz, in conjunction with GPS, results in a larger number of satellites in view. This ultimately means reduced signal acquisition time, improved position and time accuracy and reduction of visibility issues caused by obstructions such as trees and buildings.
Over the past two years FalTech’s GPS L1 repeater kits have made a real difference to the day-to-day operations of hundreds of companies and organisations, in the UK and abroad.
• A GPS repeater inside a fire station ensures that satellite navigation equipment in each appliance has a constant signal when indoors; so that when they leave the station they immediately acquire GPS lock.
• Similarly, a repeater inside a police station ensures that all personal radios receive a live GPS signal while indoors. Upon exiting the station the radios immediately start to transmit accurate location data with zero GPS acquisition delay.
• A repeater inside an aircraft servicing hangar means that aeroplanes do not need to be taken outside to receive a signal. A GPS repeater system provides a signal over a large floor area – approx. 35M x 35M if the repeater is located 10M above floor level.
• Electronics companies from a wide variety of backgrounds find that an indoor GPS signal removes the requirement to take GPS-enabled devices outdoors for testing.
FalTech sells repeater systems in kit form. A kit typically comprises all the parts required, including an outdoor antenna with mounting bracket, low-loss coaxial cable and the indoor re-radiating unit.
New L1/L2 repeater kit
The L1/L2 kit comes with all the parts needed for a successful installation, including:
• L1/L2 GPS receiving antenna
• Coaxial feeder cable
• L1 repeater unit
• L2 repeater unit
• 1:2 splitter unit with jumper cables
New L1/GLONASS repeater kit
The L1/GLONASS repeater unit supports both frequencies in a single repeater unit.
The kit contains all you need for installation, including:
• L1/GLONASS antenna
• Coaxial feeder cable
• L1/GLONASS repeater unit
– ENDS –
FalTech GPS is a provider of solutions that provide GPS coverage inside any building or structure where it was previously unavailable.
FalTech’s owner, Phil Whitting, has a long history in radio and IT engineering after a career that began as a technician in the Royal Air Force and continued in civilian life at firms such as NCR and Nortel Networks.